Rules of Conduct
These rules and conditions apply to all attendees of the convention.
NordicFuzzCon likes to present itself as a professional convention of friendly, respectful, and open-minded members of the furry community and their friends. To avoid any misunderstandings about what kind of behaviour is generally acceptable at an event like NordicFuzzCon, you are expected to follow these rules. Please make sure that you read and understand them. Please keep in mind that these rules are in effect during the whole convention time, including possible early arrival and late departure days.
Registration and Badges
- You must be at least 18 years old for the complete duration of the convention.
- Only registered attendees may enter the convention space. The hotel reception desk is publicly accessible.
- Other hotel residents who are not registered with NordicFuzzCon may enter the public areas of the hotel according to their individual contract with the hotel.
- You are required to have your convention badge on display prominently at all times, so you can be identified as a member of the convention
- Changing or covering up any information on your badge (i.e., by using stickers or drawings) is strictly forbidden.
- If you have lost your room key please contact the hotel front desk or NordicFuzzCon registration immediately. NordicFuzzCon does not accept any liability resulting from lost room keys.
- Appropriate behaviour is expected at all times.
- Please treat others respectfully.
- If someone asks you to stop, then STOP. If you're asked to leave them alone, then LEAVE. There is NO discussion.
- It should go without saying that some people reserve any kind of physical contact to their close friends and family only. If you're not sure somebody wants to be hugged, tackled, pounced, or otherwise assaulted, please ask the person first.
- You are liable for any damage you may cause to the property of another attendee or to property of the convention or hotel.
Clothing and Decency
- Wearing costumes, accessories or displaying items made out of real fur is not allowed.
- The display of any kind of racist symbols is prohibited.
- Nudity exceeding the equivalent of a non-thong bathing suit is not allowed in public.
- Sexual behaviour that goes beyond a mere display of affection is not allowed in public.
- Display of adult-themed materials is not permitted in public areas of the hotel. This includes (but is not limited to): room signs, flyers, business cards, posters, and drawings on public message boards.
- Exposure of fetish gear is not permitted in public, even if it is part of a costume.
The limit for “adult themed” materials is the equivalent of what you can see on the magazine covers at an average Swedish newsstand. If you're unsure, feel free to approach a member of our staff and ask. Drawing the line for “fetish gear” is much harder, and the issue will always be highly subjective. Therefore, please be aware that our Head of Security or ConOps might have a different opinion about your outfit than you, and that it is our policy to NOT discuss our policies during the convention. So again, if unsure, by all means, please ask.
Use common sense in public areas. If you have to ask or think twice about doing something in public, take it to your room. While collars may be worn discreetly, exposure of bondage or fetish clothing will result in Security escorting you away from public areas. We ask that you always wear at least a shirt/T-shirt, shorts and shoes in public areas. Public exposure of genitalia, buttocks, or breasts is not permitted and will result in your immediate escorting to your room. Anatomically correct costumes, furry or otherwise, must be clothed as above. Security staff reserves the right to determine whether any clothing and/or accessories contravene these rules.
Please ask the Head of Security for permission to wear any kind of body paint. No body paint is allowed during the dances, except for smear-safe face makeup.
Any item of clothing, apparel or similar items which are likely to bring the convention and/or fandom into disrepute must not be worn in public areas.
Alcohol and Drugs
- You are expected to drink responsibly. You will be held liable for what you say and what you do, even if intoxicated.
- Persons who are intoxicated to the point of incapacitation may be escorted to their rooms or, if it happens on more than one occasion, expelled from the convention at the discretion of the Head of Security. Furthermore, at the Convention Boards discretion, such persons may be banned from the convention.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the hotel building. A considerable cleaning fee will be charged for smoking in a non-smoking space.
- According to hotel policy, it is not permitted to bring alcohol purchased outside of the hotel onto hotel premises, including your hotel room. Only alcoholic drinks purchased from the hotel are allowed.
- The possession, consumption, or sale of illegal substances (including, but not limited to: THC, LSD, Ecstasy, Amphetamines, etc.) will not be tolerated. Attendees found in possession of such substances will be handed over to the police and indefinitely banned from the convention.
- Furthermore, the abuse of any other substances (such as nitrous oxide, alkyl nitrites, glue, etc.) as a drug will also get you immediately expelled and possibly banned from the convention.
General Hotel Rules
- The consumption of food or non-alcoholic drink purchased from outside of the hotel is not permitted, except in your private hotel room.
- For the safety of all hotel guests, no reckless behaviour is permitted. Please be especially careful if you have consumed alcohol.
- Attendees may not enter the service areas of the hotel. This includes all backstage areas, service elevators, the rooftops, emergency exits and all areas marked as “Staff Only.”
- Tampering with any fire-protection devices – in particular, abusive triggering of fire doors or alarms – is prohibited and will have serious consequences. The same goes for disabling smoke detectors.
- Do not deliberately crack open glow sticks or similar items, i.e., anything containing dyeing, sticky, or corrosive material.
- The sale of any kind of merchandise in pubic areas of the hotel outside of our official Artist Alley / Dealers' Den requires explicit permission by the Head of the Dealers' Den.
Hotel Rooms and Privacy
- You are expected to treat the hotel rooms and property of the hotel reasonably and with care. You will be held personally liable for any damage you may cause.
- The cleaning crew is required to check your room at least once a day. “Do Not Disturb” signs will therefore only be respected until 11:00 am.
- Leaving a tip instead of a mess would certainly be held in a much higher regard.
- Pets are not allowed in hotel rooms. If you disregard this rule, you might have to pay a considerable extra cleaning fee.
- You are required to ask your roommates for permission before running a room party or inviting guests.
- You must not disturb people in any other hotel rooms. Please keep the noise down after midnight.
Weapons, Lookalikes and Dangerous Items
- Please be aware of the strict Swedish weapon laws and that even look-alike weapons may attract attention.
- All weapons, including look-alikes, replicas, tools, and toys must be approved by the Head of Security immediately following your registration on site.
- Water guns, nerf guns, and similar items are prohibited inside the buildings. Even outside, care should be taken to avoid hitting any bystanders and/or damaging anyone's property.
- Mock fights, swordplay, fire breathing or any other activities that may adversely affect bystanders or hotel property are not allowed without explicit permission by the Head of Security, who will appoint a staff member to take precautions and to observe the activity.
- The Head of Security may require your weapon to be peace-bound. Tampering with the peace bonding is not allowed.
Photography and Video
- Photography and videography are only permitted at NordicFuzzCon if you grant us the rights to use your work in connection with our event without your permission. Exceptions exist for footage from private rooms.
- NordicFuzzCon grants you the right to use videos and photos you have taken at the convention for private and/or non-commercial purposes only.
- Publication in for-profit media (such as press, television or other commercial mass media) requires written permission by the Convention Board.
- Official NordicFuzzCon camera teams may record video and take photos in the public areas of the convention and during events to be used in various publications. You agree that videos and pictures taken of you can be used in such publications without release or compensation. A release will only be required for material filmed in situations where a reasonable expectation of privacy exists.
- Photographing in the Dealer's Den and Artist Alley is prohibited, and anyone caught doing so will be removed from those areas. Cameras are not permitted at all in the Art Show.
- Other restrictions or rules may apply for certain events, and will be announced on location.
The Bottom Line
- When in doubt, please ask - preferably before the convention starts.
- We will gladly answer all your questions.
- These rules will not be debated during the convention. The Head of Security will, however, be available for you in case you feel you have been incorrectly or wrongly been accused of violating any of the rules.
- Decisions by the Head of Security or the Convention Board are final.
- The Head of Security reserves the right to impose any and all sanctions against violators of these rules or those persons involved in any other unacceptable behaviour. The definition of unacceptable behaviour remains at the sole discretion of the Head of Security and the Convention Board. Sanctions may range from a friendly reminder to an indefinite ban from the convention.
- If you have any problems with other attendees please contact ConOps. If you have problems with a Staff member, please contact please contact a department head or chairman (these are listed on the public webpage).